Subscriber date of birth field (DOB)
Posted by Zulu eDM Team, Last modified by Brode Clements on 30 May 2019 10:41 AM
We have added a brand new default field in to the system that can be used throughout your account. It's a Date of Birth and can be used to search for users with a specific date of birth using the advanced search, can be inserted into Web Forms and can be used as a wildcard in any eDM campaign sent from the system. It can also be imported into the system by CSV. Details on each of these areas are explained below.
Locate subscriber date of birth (DOB)
1. When adding new contacts into the system you can now also add a Date of Birth field for each user.
Importing subscribers with date of birth (DOB)
2. You can also import this data into the system via CSV file. The format is year-month-day YYYY-MM-DD. Remember to use text only if you edit in tools like Microsoft Outlook
3. You can also add the Date of Birth Field to any online Web Forms that you have so that when the form is completed the contacts date of birth is saved against their profile.
4. You can also now insert the Date of Birth wildcard into your eDM campaigns so that the contacts date of birth is displayed in the email that they receive.
5. Last but by no means least. The Date of Birth Field is also available within the Advance Search tool within the system. This menas that as long as you have the data added into the system you will be able to search for:
Users with an exact Date of Birth – if you would like to use this for reporting or for your own analysis of your database
Users who were born in a specific month – if you would like to send a special email to these people to wish them a Happy Birthday
Users who were born in a specific year – if you have an announcement that may only affect a certain age group you would be able to locate the contacts within this age group and send out an eDM just to these contacts.
These are just some of the suggestions on how this new field can be used. If you have any questions about this new field or how it can be used for your business please give us a call on 03 9001 1590 or email us at email@example.com