Anchors work by adding an "anchor point" within your email and then linking a section of text or an image to that point in the email. This works well especially if you have a lot of content in your email and would like a section of your email to direct people to those topics in the email.
To add Anchor links within your email you will need to follow these steps.
- Select the "Anchor Point" (when you want people directed to if they select the link). Put your curser next to the text within the email and select the "Insert/Edit Anchor" icon (highlighted below)
- A pop-up box will appear to name your anchor point. Name it an press "insert"
- You should now see an "anchor point" within your email.
- Next you need to create the link for this "anchor point". Select the text or image you want to link to this point by highlighting it. Select the "Insert/Edit Link" icon (looks like a chain and is located two icons to the left of the anchor icon).
- A pop-up box will appear. Click on the "General" Tab.
- In the "General" tab you will see a drop down menu called "Anchors" click on the drop down list and you will see all the anchors you have created. Select the anchor you want and press "insert".
- Your text should now be linked to your "anchor point". To test you will need to send a test of the email to yourself. You won't be able to test it within the campaign editor.
insert, add, link, webpage, email address